Are you ‘Yesterday’s Hero’, on the slide to recruiting hell?

Are you ‘Yesterday’s Hero’, on the slide to recruiting hell?

Agency recruitment is not dying.

In fact it’s thriving.

But not for everyone!

The winners will be the modern recruiters who evolve, re-tool, up-skill and re-invent.

The rate of change in recruitment means the landscape is littered with ‘yesterday’s heroes

Is that where you are headed?

Check out my two minute video where I explain the symptoms and signs that you are stagnating and becoming ‘Yesterday’s Hero’.

And trust me, that is one thing you do not want to be.

And if you need a graphic to support my video comments, here it is, all part of the Savage Truth service 🙂

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 2.03.34 PM

*****************************************************************************************************************

The Savage Truth Speaking Dates for in Europe next week!

Glasgow: June 1st,  ‘The Future of Recruitment

Dublin: June 2nd, ‘Recruiters‘ and ‘Owners and Managers

London: June 14th, ‘Powering Profits in Disrupted Times

, ,

7 Responses to Are you ‘Yesterday’s Hero’, on the slide to recruiting hell?

1. Joost Kreulen May 24, 2016 at 4:45 pm #

Again very true Greg ! I come across them myself aswell, they belong in museums as they are the dinosaurs of recruitment. Times have definitely changed and the industry is no longer about high billers and prima donna’s. It is about being candidate and people centric and client serving, about teamwork and adding value to people’s lifes and businesses. Not adding money in your pockets.

• Greg Savage May 24, 2016 at 4:53 pm #

Nice to hear from you Joost! Hope all is well… lets catch up when next you are in Australia…

• Joost Kreulen May 24, 2016 at 7:49 pm #

Will do Greg ! We got into a business in the US last year which was founded at the time by Nick Lento (you may know him as he was shortly with Aquent after leaving Select Appoiintments, where I worked together with him). He remembered you when we last had one of those ‘who do you know and what are they doing’ conversations … !

2. Alan Allebone May 25, 2016 at 10:41 am #

I don’t think I am ready for the museum just yet Greg. Some people may think that.
    40 years in the game is just starting !

3. headhunter indonesia May 29, 2016 at 11:18 am #

very nice article greg i ove it

4. Mark June 1, 2016 at 12:10 am #

Love this Greg. I think I am evolving, I am stuck in the cold calling stage of BD (business start up thats why)- but really pushing the Social media and focusing on long term relationships with candidate and clients, going the extra mile, developing value from each client – by being honest. I made £8k in my first 6 weeks by exactly what you said.

I felt in the past, working for companies I was restricted – had to do it their way – and I’d never make that in the first 4 months.

I have worked for companies, bit like the nirvana song “in bloom” lyrics – “He’s the one, who likes all our pretty songs, and likes to sing along, but don’t know what they mean” – they say they are social media focused, they say they are “Moving with the times” but still try to manage and develop their staff like its 1999.

Also – When you are in the uk, are you ever coming to Birmingham?

5. Shivangi Aggarwal June 14, 2016 at 10:11 pm #

Very True Mr.Greg . I completely agree with you about the trends that are evolving in the recruitment industry and if anyone wants to be a superstar in recruiting business , he needs to follow these trends seriously.